The Wheat Variety HD 3226 is released for commercial cultivation in North Western Plain Zone comprising of Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan (Except Kota and Udaipur Divisions), Western Uttar Pradesh (Except Jhansi Division), Jammu and Kathua district of J&K, Una district and Paonta Valley of H.P and Uttarakhand (Tarai region) under Irrigated, timely Sown Conditions.
- Highly resistant to Yellow, Brown and Black rust
- Highly resistant to Karnal bunt, Powdery mildew, loose smut and foot rot
The average yield of HD 3226 is 57.5 q/ha while the genetic yield potential is 79.60 q/ha.
- High Protein content (12.8% average)
- High dry and wet gluten
- Good grain appearance, high sedimentation value, high extraction rate,
- Average Zinc content 36.8 ppm
- HD 3226 has perfect Glu-1 Score (10) with highest bread quality score (6.7) and bread loaf volume indicating its suitability for various end use products.
Agronomic practice: Irrigated timely sown
Seed rate (Kg. /ha.): 100
Sowing time: 05-25 November
Fertilizer dose (Kg/ha): Nitrogen: 150 (Urea @255 Kg/ha); Phosphorus: 80 (DAP @ 175 Kg/ha) Potash: 60 (MOP @ 100 Kg/ha)
Timing of fertilizer application: 1/3 nitrogen with full dose of phosphorus and potash at the time of sowing; remaining nitrogen apply after first and second irrigation equally
Irrigation: First irrigation after 21 days after sowing and further irrigation as per need
Weed control: Total @ 40 g/ha at 27-35 days after sowing; Topic @ 400 g/ha at 27-35 days after sowing
Yield maximization: For maximizing yield the variety should be sown in second fortnight of October. Appropriate nitrogen management and use of two sprays as tank mix-Chlormequat chloride (Lihocin) @ 0.2% + tebuconazole (Folicur 430 SC) @ 0.1% of commercial product dose at First Node and Flag leaf.
Divison of Genetics, ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi-110012