27th October, 2020, New Delhi
Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra, Secretary (DARE) & Director General (ICAR) virtually administered the Vigilance Awareness Pledge of the ICAR Senior Officials and other staff members of its various Institutes pan India today. Dr. Mohapatra urged all the officials and staff members to be vigilant in their duties. Regarding corruption as a major hurdle in the success of a country's economic, political and social growth, the Director General stressed on the need for the Government, Civilians and Private Sectors to work collaboratively for its eradication from the society. He also highlighted the previous year’s achievements to bring about a visible change of transparency in the Council’s working styles.
The following standards were finalized in the pledge:
- To work with honesty in every field of work and obey the rules of law.
- To neither offer a bribe nor accept it.
- To work honestly and transparently.
- To work for the public's welfare.
- To set myself as an example by adopting honesty in my endeavors.
- To report any cases of corruption to the concerned authorities / agencies.
(Source: ICAR-Directorate of Knowledge Management in Agriculture, New Delhi)